Learn more about Gateway Charter School
Inspired by a parent’s dream, Gateway Charter School is a free public charter school that exists to engage students who learn differently through an innovative arts-infused curriculum, small class sizes and a nurturing environment suited to your child's needs.
How We Help Our Students Succeed
Here are our core principles:
- Every Child Can Learn - We believe it is the responsibility of the school to identify and value each student's unique learning style.
- Arts Integration Into Curriculum - Children who struggle academically in a traditional classroom can flourish in a multi-sensory environment where they learn by doing, not just by listening.
- Small Class Sizes - We know that our teachers have the most to offer when they can give unique attention to each student.
- Character Education - We set clear expectations and provide daily reinforcement to create a consistent environment to help students focus on growth.
- Research-Based Teaching Methods - Every day, every lesson - we utilize teaching methods that are proven to be successful in the lives of students.
- Celebrate Diversity and Respect Individuality - Our goal is to help students grow into the strongest and best versions of themselves.
- Strengthening Self-Advocacy - All students should be able to articulate their strengths, weaknesses, and learning styles, which leads to self-advocacy.